Brisbane Sling Meet

Get advice on babywearing, try on many different carriers, and meet other babywearing parents!

At Indooroopilly Library Meeting Room (4th floor Indooroopilly Mall) from 1pm to 3pm.

For those who want to plan ahead, the Brisbane sling meet is held every 3rd Saturday of the month (same time and location as above).

This entry was posted in Downunder Events and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Brisbane Sling Meet

1. Hayley Bell says:

Can I come or do you have to be a member?

2. slingdad says:

Anyone is welcome to the sling meet! 🙂

Cheers,
    -Paulus

3. Carrie says:

when is the next Brisbane sling meet?

4. michelle says:

It sounds great the next baby sling meeting in brisbane.

How do I go about bringing a range of new mei tais that a friend has researched thoroughly from scratch, done loads of samples, checked out manufacturers and suppliers, and now developed her own brand and is now making them for sale. Do I come to the first one and then go from there? Or do I need to speak to someone in charge to see if I can bring the products? I am a converter to baby wearing and its benefits and would love people to also benefit. Am happy to just come and meet people and go from there.

Your help greatly appreciated and look forward to meeting you.

Thanks
    Michelle

5. michelle says:

Also, do you have a date for the April one.

Am also very keen to hear about tandem baby wearing as I have twin boys!

6. Yasmin says:

Hi,

I heard about this through Solo Mother’s By Choice. If it is ok to come, do I need to be a member to attend and do you want a formal rsvp or is it ok just to turn up?

Cheers, Yasmin

7. slingdad says:

Hi,

No need to be a member to come to the sling meet, just show up and we’ll be happy to have you! 🙂

Cheers,
    -Paulus

8. alison says:

Hi,
    I’m looking forward to coming along to the Brisbane Sling Meet on the 20th June…
    Our baby isn’t due til November, but we wanna get in early on learning about some things, especially MCNs and wraps – and particularly to try a few out and hear about the combination of wraps and newborns in brisbane summers! is it a good idea?
    i see the meet’s from 1 to 4pm, is there any time that’s better or not so good? we’ll be travelling down to Indooroopilly from the north-east suburbs and will hopefully also call in at the baby expo in town on the way there or back.
    Cheers,
    Alison

9. slingdad says:

Hi Alison,
    Expecting parents are more than welcome at the sling meet! It’s good to do your research early so you can narrow down your choices before the baby arrives (plus you can try the carriers on for size before the bump gets in the way! :)). There will be plenty of parents with MCN experience at the meet too so you can ask their opinions on their favourites. You can come in anytime between 1pm and 4pm, but normally earlier is better is you want to get more personal attention. It can sometime gets a bit busy after 2pm.
    Hope to see you then!
    Cheers,
    -Paulus

10. alison says:

great! thanks Paulus! 🙂

11. Natasha says:

Hiya, I was wanting to try out a Yamo, but would need the extention strap. Do you have one I could try it with?

12. slingdad says:

Hi Natasha,

I have a Yamo you could try, but no extension strap unfortunately. I’ll have a look around tonight to see if I’ve got something that could be used as an extension strap.

Cheers,
    -Paulus

13. Fleur says:

Hi Paulus,

Am interested in coming to sling meet on Saturday. Wondering if you might have any Freestyle Mei Tai’s to look at/try out. Am really keen to buy one but would like to try it out first, also maybe an Ergo.
    Thanks
    Fleur

14. slingdad says:

Hi Fleur,

Do you mean Freehand Mei Tai? I used to have one but unfortunately it went missing during a loan. 🙁 I do have other Mei Tais you can try though. I don’t have an Ergo but you can try similar buckle carriers, and there’s usually someone there with an Ergo that you can try.

Hope to see you Saturday!
    Cheers,
    -Paulus

15. Fleur says:

Hi Paulus,
    Yep – sorry i meant freehand!!! Baby brain. That cool. Look forward to coming on Saturday.
    Fleur

16. Ingrid says:

Hi Paulus – I am coming to the next meet – I would like to borrow a wrap or maybe buy on on the day for my 12kg 1 yr for back wearing – also would like to try hip wearing in a ring sling or is she too heavy for that.

A friend Sarah will hopefully make it as well she needs advice she is pregnant and has a 15mnth old. – Already has a an Ergo

oxo hope your Xmas NYear was great

17. Yasmin says:

Hi there,

Just wondering when the next sling meet is in Brisbane? (after Feb 20 as I can’t make it this time around)

Cheers,
    Yasmin

18. slingdad says:

Hi Yasmin – the March sling meet is on the 20th (3rd Saturday as usual). Same place, same time as the post above. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
    -Paulus

19. Ruth says:

Hi there,

I’ve never been to one of these or used a carrier library before (not new to babywearing, just happily stuck with what I’ve had and been happy!) so I’m not sure how this works. Can I just rock up to the library meeting room on Saturday and be able to try something out? I’m interested in graduating from a hugabub to a wrap more supportive (and cooler!) for my 3.5 month old baby.

20. Yasmin says:

Thanks Paulus-hope to be there on the 20th,
    Yasmin

21. Kate says:

Awww other baby wearers! I am something of an oddity in my area so it will be nice to meet like minded momma’s. I have a few commercial carriers but they’re not comfortable for me. Bub doesn’t sit high enough or close enough to distribute weight well as I am somewhat short. I’ve resorted to making my own sling with much sucess but I’d love to see what others are using and hear their advice. I will definately be there!

22. Linda says:

Hi, does this group still run? I have a couple of slings and wraps I’d like someone to help me get the hang of!!

Thanks
    Linda

23. slingdad says:

Hi Linda,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the sling meet is still on every 3rd Saturday of the month. We didn’t have one last month because of the flood. We have one this Saturday 19th Feb. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
    -Paulus

24. Patricia Pacheco says:

Hi there, midwife put me onto your site as I’m currently looking at baby wearing options for our newborn baby girl. Just wondering if the meets at Indooroopilly Lib are still on 3rd Sat of the month? Thanks, Patricia

25. Louise Mannion says:

Hi just wondering if you still hold a gathering at Indooroopilly library on the 3rd Saturday of every month?
    Cheers

26. Julia says:

Hi there
    Do i still meet up to talk about carriers etc? No new posts on this website since 2014….and I am not a Facebook user 🙁
    Many thanks